Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Luck of the Irish (I'm keeping my fingers crossed SoKoBe.com will feel the same way)

I was on vacation with my mom this weekend when a message came in from my boyfriend that said: "This was mentioned in a tweet I got...2nd and 3rd prize might be nice too, you are the lucky one". So I clicked to the link that sent me to http://www.sokobe.com/. What might these prizes be you ask....well 1st prize is a diamond ring and 2nd and 3rd are diamond earrings. In talking to Dan about this he said I am such a lucky person that I should go for it and tell our story.

Dan and I met two years ago in the spring when a mutual friend of ours invited me to hear his band play. I hear had all about dan over the past several months so I was excited to put a face with the name. When we walked into the bar and she pointed him out to me, my heart skipped a beat. He was adorable and I couldn't wait to meet him. That night he came over to us and brough us beers and we spoke for a few moments, but his girlfriend at the time was also there. Soon after meeting him, I left for the evening. Forward a few months when I invited this mutual friend with me to an improv show. She said to me " this is great, I bet Dan will be there, he does improv with this group also." I had no idea and I was so nervous that night. We ended up grabbing drinks between shows and he was asking us advice about dating! The next night our friend invited me to join them for happy hour and it was that night that I knew my life would never be the same. We spent the whole night talking and laughing and we had so much in common. The end of the evening came too quickly and he hugged me goodbye and it was the most sensual, electric hug I have ever had. The thought still gives me chills. Not 20 minutes later I got a text from him that said "thinking of you....is that ok". I wrote back "absolutely" and the rest as they say is history. We have been together for almost 1 year and 8 months and it's been a whirlwind.

The contest has asked us: Why do we deserve to win a diamond ring? Well, we forgot to get one while we were in South Africa last fall! Technically, yes we were in South Africa, but no we didn't look at diamonds while we were there. I did mention to him while we were there that I wanted to price the diamonds, but I don't think he understood why until we got home and heard a story on the news about the worlds largest diamond being mined from South Africa.

It would be great for us to win this diamond ring. For me personally, it would be a huge burden on finances for Dan. He has recently started his own business and in doing so is using up his own personal savings to get it started. We are also carrying two mortgages while living together so that we can be together. Our goal is to try to save so that we can buy a new house together. Wining this diamond ring would be a huge help (for everyone I'm sure that enters) in the savings department. Dan and I have also led a very comical life with our relationship and this would be another great story to add to the collection. The first time I told Dan I loved him was after I blew up his washing machine in his house and the fire department had to come out. It was my FIRST day staying there with him, he was at work and I was trying to be helpful and get some laundry done from one of our recent trips! SoKoBe has a quote on their website that says: "What you see is what you get. No gimmicks." They say this about their site and their quality of items. Well, I can say the same is true for Dan and I: "What you see is what you get. No gimmicks" and this is why we would deserve to win the diamond ring contest that is being held at Sokobe.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning #3!! I won #2 over at Sokobe!! Here is the announcement page:

http://www.sokobe.com/diamondcontest